Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quotes from 01 - To Challange the Sun


"My brother and I knew the laws of science,

of Equivalent Exchange, that gain required sacrifice,
that something had to be taken from us.
But we thought there was nothing more we could lose.
We were wrong."



Edward: Alchemy; the science of understanding the structure of matter, breaking it down, then reconstructing it as something else. It can even make gold from lead. But alchemy is a science, so it must follow the natural laws: To create, something of equal value must be lost. This is the principle of Equivalent Exchange. But on that night, I learned the value of some things can't be measured on a simple scale. My brother and I knew the laws of science, of Equivalent Exchange, that gain required sacrifice, that something had to be taken from us. But we thought there was nothing more we could lose. We were wrong.



Edward: I hate deserts. It's nothing but sand! If there was some grass I could turn it into bread. I'm starving! Huh? Hey! Al, where'd you go? Al? Hey!
Alphonse: Down here. [Al's hand emerges from the sand beneath Ed and grabs his leg]
Edward: Ahh!
Alphonse: I sunk again.
Edward: Reason number two I hate the desert... I don’t understand why you keep falling in!
Alphonse: I get full.
Edward: Full of what?! [kicks Al and sand falls out of his chest plate, burying Ed. Al laughs and inches away]
Edward: Get back here!
Alphonse: What are you going to do?
Edward: Nothing!
Alphonse: Then why are you chasing me?
Edward: Stop and you'll find out!
Alphonse: I promise I won't get buried again!
Edward: Not unless it's by me!
Alphonse: Ed!
Edward: Rrrr!



Store Owner: What are you, street performers?
Edward
: I don't think so, pops! Do I look like a clown to you?!




Alphonse: Um, I'm not the Fullmetal Alchemist. He is.
Citizen: You mean that little shorty there?
Edward: Shorty?! Could a shorty do this?! What else you want to call me: a half-pint bean-sprout midget?! I'm still growing you backwater desert idiots!



Edward: What's wrong with you people? I'm not short! You come from a desert tribe of giants or something!
Alphonse:
Edward, please!
Edward
: You want some of this too?




Edward: Water, 35 liters. Carbon, 20 kilograms. Ammonia, 4 liters. Lime, 1.5 kilograms. Phosphorous, 800 grams. Salt, 250 grams. Saltpeter, 100 grams. Sulfur, 80 grams. Fluorine, seven-point-five. Iron, five. Silicon, three grams. And trace amounts of 15 other elements.
Rose: What's that?"
Edward: It's all the ingredients of the average adult human body, right down to the last specks of protein in your eyelashes. And even though science has given us the entire physical breakdown, there's never been a successful attempt at bringing a human to life. There's still something missing. Something scientists haven't been able to find in centuries of research. ...and in case you're wondering, all those ingredients can be bought on a child's allowance. Humans can be made rather cheap. There's no magic to it.
Rose: Well, if there's no magic, then you bring someone back to life!
Edward: Just a matter of time, Rose. Science will find a way. Science is the answer to everything. If I were you, I'd drop the scriptures and pick up an Alchemy book. We're the closest things to gods there are.
Rose: You're not a god. You're nothing close too it.
Edward: Neither is the sun. It's just a mass of hydrogen. Get close to it like Cornello claims, and all you'll do is burn up.



Rose: He doesn't have a head!
Edward: Yeah! That's Al!



Edward: I don't care what the military wants. I'm here for me!



Father Cornello: Let me introduce you to one of my creations, you of all people will be able to appreciate this...a chimera!
Edward: You combined animals, the most depraved kind of alchemy there is.
Father Cornello: Maybe so, but most effective!



Rose: Oh God...
Edward: Don't look away, Rose! You need to see what happens when you try to bring a human to life, when you cross into God's territory or whatever the hell it is! Is this what you want?! Look!
Rose: His arm...his leg, they're machines!
Edward: Told you, Rose. Get too close to the sun, and you'll burn.



Father Cornello: I see. Now I understand you, Elric. You crossed the line. You did what is strictly forbidden. You tried to create human life, and your bodies were taken to the other side. You were crazy to find out for yourself. You are the Full Metal! The Full Metal Alchemist!




3 comments:

  1. love the sand line!! buahahahahahaha!(evil laugh!)
    >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I remember every single line from every single episode...The episodes just play back in my head! Awesome site, I was hoping for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lay your child on its belly make your hand under it up on the chest and lift resting their weight on the arm.

    As you read the next, please keep in mind that this research has been done for the particular individual.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post; best rated baby swings

    ReplyDelete