Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quotes from 08 - The Philisophers Stone


"
Because we're not gods. We're humans.
Tiny, insignificant humans...
who couldn't even save a little girl.
"




Edward
: You're a man!
Barry the Chopper
: Guilty as charged!




Edward
: You sick...why are you doing this?!
Barry the Chopper
: Why? Hmm...what a strange little question that is. I guess it's because I enjoy it. The first person I killed was my wife. She was nagging me about something and without meaning to, I chopped her to pieces. But when I saw how finely I could slice her, I wanted more. To reduce people to their most basic building blocks, and I wanted everyone to see...
Edward
: That's stupid. Why would someone kill for such a ridiculous reason?
Barry the Chopper
: Because they can!




Barry the Chopper
: Men have morals, but send them to war and they have no problem slaying each other in the most brutal fashions. Now why do you think that is?
Edward
: I have no idea...




Barry the Chopper: She seems to like taking things apart so I thought I'd do the same to her! Watch closely and maybe you'll get to see what makes her tick!



Al: It'll take more than that to kill me, brother.



Alphonse
Brother, it turns out the Philosopher's Stone may very well be real. But all the clues we need to find it are off limits to everyone except State Alchemists. Since I no longer have a mortal shell, I can't feel the terror you felt, thinking you were going to die. I'm sure it must have been painful, and lonely. I want my body back, brother. I want to be able to feel what you felt. To feel human again. If we find the Philosopher's Stone, I can have that.
Edward
: When I was certain he was going to kill me, my mind went blank, and I didn't have any hope anymore. And the only thing I could do was scream my lungs out. I felt so helpless, I couldn't even bring myself to believe someone might save me. Then you showed up, Al. And I realized that if we don't take care of each other, then no one else will. So I'll do anything in my power to get our bodies back, even if it means being the military's lapdog. And we'll just have to hope our powers are good enough to help us rise above our own limits. 'Cause we're not gods. We're humans. Tiny, insignificant humans...who couldn't even save a little girl.




Hawkeye: It's so cruel. If the devil really does interfere in this world, we've seen his work tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment